In case you didn’t know, Bootloader is a little bit of code that tells your device’s operating system how to boot up. Basically, it’s what makes your device start up and run the way you’re used to.
What will happen after bootloader unlock?
- Hikari Calyx Tech is not the manufacturer or provider of Nokia phones, so using our bootloader unlock service is definitely not covered by HMD Global’s manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Once bootloader unlocked, you will see a warning message that tells you bootloader is unlocked. On some devices, this can be undone.
- Unlocking a device means you may lose some of its functionalities, including – but not limit to – telephone, radio, audio, video, payment, encryption and DRM.
- After unlocking, all media and content on the device will be erased, and you will need to reinstall all applications.
- Applications may not work anymore.
- You could cause permanent/physical damage to your device.
- Your device may become unsafe to the point of causing you harm.
- Hikari Calyx Tech is not responsible for potentally backdoor implementations from installing paid custom operating system or Magisk module, etc.
Isn’t bootloader unlock for Nokia phones already available for free of charge?
Yes, but that free offer is only meant for Nokia phones released during 2017-2019. If you’re using that phone, please visit here: https://hikaricalyx.com/request-bootloader-unlock
Requirement for customers
You need to have a PC with either Windows (x86 or AMD64) or Linux (any architecture) running – macOS and ChromeOS are currently unsupported. If the customer has experience of using commandlines, we will not operate your PC remotely. The remote desktop app we will use are these:
- AeroAdmin (for non-Chinese customers running Windows)
- RustDesk (for non-Chinese customers running any OS)
- ToDesk (for Chinese customers only)
If you don’t have a PC but can use another Android device with USB Type-C port, you can also request this service. In this case, you’ll need a USB-C to USB-C cable, or an OTG (On-The-Go) cable (if the phone being serviced uses MicroUSB). Latter can be easily purchased on online shopping websites like Amazon.
For example, if you have an Android tablet, we can unlock the bootloader via the Android tablet you have.